Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Book That Changed My Life

My favorite book is The Phantom Tollbooth, by Norton Juster. It resembles many great classic fairy tales, and modern fairy tales are my favorite genre because they open up many new opportunities for different styles of writing and imagination. Alice in Wonderland and Le Petit Prince are some of my other favorite books of this genre, and are generally more well known. I like stories where the protagonist travels through different places with unique themes and meets characters with different personalities that can eventually develop and retain depth. Books like The Phantom Tollbooth, as well as games, have helped me create and design places of my own that haven't actually been used for anything important, but have been fun to make. Extreme places, such as Heaven and Hell, or towers of infinity, and places that embody ideas, such as the island of conclusions that people teleport to when they jump to conclusions, all make books like The Phantom Tollbooth an interesting and inspirational read that can make the reader think.

No comments:

Post a Comment