Monday, February 6, 2012

Comic Connection

Calvin and Hobbes
http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2011/12/10
I chose this comic because it reminds me of popular modern trends such as Facebook, Myspace (well, maybe not anymore?), and Twitter. Suddenly, conversation and thought has been degraded and condensed into snippets of statements and other people's thoughts. Bill Watterson has predicted the future, and it is very boring and mindless. Serious people can look at this comic and maybe say that it is about the childish ways of craving attention in every part of life. I think that it is fun to make a mockery of our flaws and the one's of society and that it is also very profitable to then put those pieces of satire into comic strips. As for me, I would  like to stay away from things like that, because they sound very boring in retrospect. Besides, a picture is worth a thousand words, and that's what pictures are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment