Monday, April 30, 2012

U=Umbrella Mushroom Omelette

1⁄2 lb. sliced mixed fresh mushrooms, such as criminis 
   and wild chanterelles- Mushrooms are one of those kinds of foods that just have to make people wonder about how they were first discovered to be edible. It's one of those things that are good but weird, like raw fish and vitamin C. Sometimes I really like them, and sometimes not so much.



1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced- My mom always peels the onions, so I never knew how onions could make people cry.


1 tsp. sugar- A teaspoon or a half a cup all looks the same when mixed together. And more sugar never really hurt that many people. My aunt used to like adding sugar to food when she was little, and had to watch the sugar be stirred in to be sure it was indeed added. My mom played tricks by stirring the sugar in so that my aunt wouldn't believe there was sugar and would need to add more sugar to her food until it became supersaturated.


1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil- It goes great with bread too; a fact that we discovered at Romano's Macaroni Grill.


3 scallions, trimmed and chopped into 1" pieces- I like seafood, but, as with everything I like, it's not good for my stomach sometimes.


2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced- garlic tastes bad, and I completely sympathize with vampires.


1 tbsp. red-wine vinegar- I always thought that things like that had too much vinegar, and not enough red wine. That was before I realized that alcohol is the worst tasting thing ever, of all time.


8 eggs- which, to this day, I still can't crack perfectly.


Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Leaves from 4–5 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, chopped- After finding out that they made no difference, we decided to save ourselves the extra effort for this and future recipes.



http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Mushroom-Omelette

No comments:

Post a Comment