Thursday, January 26, 2012

Original Poems II

Cats
(Acrostic)

Cats
Are like
Terse
Similes for everything.

Where I'm From
(Where I'm From)


I am from mice, from iPods and different.
I am from the perfect white backyards in the wintertime.
I am from the leaves, and the sunlight (possibly quite literally).
I am from the year of the rat, rabbit, dragon, and sheep and too high standards, from my mom, my dad, and my brother.
I am from the perfectionist that fawns over the little things and the procrastination with everything else.
From carefree and diligence.
I am from universalism. Whether it be because of acceptance or indifference.
I'm from Canada,
and rice and dumplings.
From those times I almost died but not quite, the days when school had no homework, and the times when Santa was so much closer.
I am from those places
from where I'm from.


not Cats
("Poem")


The other day
my dog was 
rummaging
through my backpack


and he seemed
awfully hungry
with his intimidating,
voracious appetite.


Well, I'm not saying
that it was him,
but maybe
it was him.

No comments:

Post a Comment